Your team will get the chance to build artificial hands for donation overseas. The artificial hands that your teams build are sent to amputee land-mine victims that would not otherwise be able to afford a prosthesis.
How It Works
- At the start of the activity, each team is provided with a box of parts. Then we show a video which normally hits participants for six! All of a sudden, they realise that the activity they are engaged in today has a real tangible purpose.
- In groups of 3-5, your teams then go about building the Helping Hands. There are detailed instructions provided, so all groups are set-up for success.
- As an added challenge, normally you will bind one of your hands during the build process to further remind you of why you are doing the activity.
- Each hand is then put into a container which has been uniquely decorated by each team. This is a critical component of the activity.
- You will then have a photo taken with it as a team. This photo is then put with the hand so that the recipients can see a picture of the people that made their hand for them.
- At the end of the event we play a video that really drums home how much of a difference the hands will make to their recipients. It also is a fantastic way to complete the activity as it ensures that all participants are left energised and with a renewed sense of purpose.
"The whole team really enjoyed making the hands and working together. The event was excellent and we would not hesitate to recommend this to any team in the future."- Bell Gully
Tailoring Helping Hands to Your Team
The length of the event and the size of the teams are both 'tailorable' to your team. We can also run this event 'bespoke' (i.e. where only your brand is visible). Contact us to discuss these options.
We have run well over 3,000 team building events!! We know this event works and we guarantee that 100%.
Chris Gulley, Elevate Director, visited Bangalore in January 2018 to fit hands to people in need.
Here's a short video from this trip...